Saturday 18 April 2015

Essay of SILessay



Elements of Language
  1. Disposition of Language
  2. Distance of Word
  3. Flow of Language
  4. Boundary of Language

CHINO, Karcevskij and Prague
  1. Half Farewell to the Linguistic Circle of Prague and Sergej Karcevskij
  2. I need not more wander the bookshop streets
  3. Prague in 1920s
  4. CHINO Eiichi and Golden Prague
  5. Coffee shop named California

Enchanted with language and mathematics

  1. Andre Martinet
  2. Charles Bally 
  3. Read Andre Weil 
  4. Bourbaki' ELEMENTS DE MATHEMATIUE Troisieme edition, 1964 
  5. The Time of Language Ode to The Early Bourbaki To Grothendieck  Note added 

Wandering between language and philosophy

1.

  1. For WITTGENSTEIN Revised / Position of Language / 10 December 2005 - 3 August 2012
  2. The Time of Wittgenstein /20 January 2012
  3. Citation from Ludwig Wittgenstein / 7 February 2012
  4. THE ROAD TO REALITY A Complete Guide to the Laws of the Universe, 2005 by Roger Penrose / 25 October 2012
2.
  1. The First Paper on Inherent Time in Word / 26 July 2014
  2. 40 years passed from I read WANG Guowei / 16 November 2013
  3. Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague / 23 October 2013 / With References
3.
  1. Substantiality Dedicated to SAPIR Edward / 27 February 2005
  2. Edward Sapir's Language, 1921 / 5 September 2014
  3. Macro Time and Micro Time / 24 July 2013
4.
  1. Roman Jakobson / 16 July 2012

Winding road to physics

When I was a student of high school, I hoped to learn physics at university. But from various reasons in fact I learnt language at university on the other still longing for physics.
After graduation I once worked as a high school teacher and eight years passing over I returned to university for investigating language study. On the way I again met CHINO Eiichi in 1979, from whom I ever learnt Russian in 1969. By his teaching I had distinct aim for my study on language, making clear description to others using mathematics being assisted with physical thinking or approach. Mathematics was always set in my mind but my talent was not overtaken to its hardness. But aiming clear description to every situation I decided to learn again or thrice to make a new stage where I decided to come back to my starting point of youth being attracted to physics.
1.

  1. Now I am Enough Old for Remembering the Past / 27 September 2012
2.
  1. To my dear friend, KANEKO Yutaka / 22 May 2013
  2. Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague / 23 October 2013 
  3. Perhaps Return to Physics /16 August 2014
3.
  1. Distance Theory Algebraically Supplemented / Brane Simplified Model / Bend /17 October 2007
  2. Distance Theory Algebraically Supplemented / Brane Simplified Model / Distance / 26 October 2007 
4.
  1. Substantiality Dedicated to SAPIR Edward / 27 February 2005
  2. Language, Amalgamation of Mathematics and Physics / 15 April 2014
5. 
  1. The Complete Works of TANIYAMA Yutaka,1994 / 11 November 2012
  2. Description / 15 August 2013

Perhaps Return to Physics
Recently my situation for language research has changed rather drastically.
I have loved mathematics ever since I understood that mathematics was the only fantastic way for solving the problems of the nature through absolute clear description.

When I was at the third grade of the high school
, I remained in the class room for solving the swing state of a pendulum movement. It was the simple differential equation. But at that time I realised that one short equation contained the whole universe of a tiny pendulum. it was a real meeting with the mathematics and the our world.
At high school, I thought that the most fantastic way of life was in physics, especially in theoretical physics.
In the autumn 1965, the Nobel Prize in physics was awarded to TOMONAGA Shin-ichiro. In the next morning of announcement, at our mathematics-science class was full of the prize about his award.
In those days I already  determined my university's speciality to theoretical physics. TOMONAGA's award was the splendid delight for me and the other science- course class mates.
But various reasons led me to philology at the university life.

Since then nearly half a century passed by. My study on language was dimmed in the vast historical heritage of linguistics that had surely shown the many results for language. But my mind was not fine on my road up to that time. My object  gradually became to the one that was clear and understandable whoever desire to participate to talk with language. At the result after long winding road  I reached at the concrete place for study. It was the description by mathematics. It was the days of my mid 30s in 1980s.

From those days some 20 years passed by. I became at 50s. I had written the short papers  little by little. Mathematics was really free to approach. I freely thought and imagined on language's essential parts. Several models were made for the situation of language's particular phases. But I recognised that mathematics starts at the some axioms and theorems and reached  a curtain high place' situation, which road is absolutely strict and exact and there is perfectly nothing related with real our world's phenomena, in my part on natural language. 
So recently I began to think that no relation with  models and natural phenomena on language was easily overcome by adopting the physical method using mathematics' various results. perhaps I return to physics which was my favourite in the high school days. Physics connects world and model freely. All the explanations are approximate values for world' phenomena. At this place I can freely adopt the models not thinking the theoretical consistency.

Now I am standing  at the physical based place that was dreamt in my high school days.

References

  1.  Language, amalgamation of mathematics and physics / 13 May 2013     
  2.  True and False / Hierarchy of Language / July 25 – July 27, 2006                                                     
  3. True-false problem of the Crete / 22 July 2013
  4.  Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague / 23 October 2013 


Thanks to physics about which I ever dreamt in my future
In the days of high school, I deeply dreamt that someday physics would perfectly write over this world's phenomena by the clearest descriptions. So I longed for studying physics in the future. But I selected language's diverse wideness at the university, from where returning the clear descriptive situation represented by physics needed long and winding road for me. Now in my mind probably language and physics or mathematics are happily live together constructing the world's one main frame. I wonder why I took so much time to reach here. Long time ago, at least Pascal's days, philosophy and mathematics were both sides of shield for solving the world's hard problems. It is very appropriate that the fact is solved from every fields not being partitioned any artificial walls. Philosophy may be solved by mathematics and mathematics may opened by physical phenomenon. Now they all became common sense. Only I reached here delaying rather late. I am now situated in tranquil field. Thanks to so many pioneers, especially in mathematics. Also to physics about which I ever dreamt in my future.

References:

  1. Substantiality Dedicated to SAPIR Edward / 27 February 2005
  2. To my dear friend, KANEKO Yutaka / 22 May 2013
  3. Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague / 23 October 2013 
  4. Language, Amalgamation of Mathematics and Physics / 15 April 2014
  5. Perhaps Return to Physics /16 August 2014
  6. Winding road to physics / 10 April 2015

Preparation for the energy of language
The energy of language seems to be one of the most fundamental theme for the further step-up  study on language at the present for me. But the theme was hard to put on the mathematical description. Now I present some preparatory  papers written so far.

  1. Potential of Language / Floer Homology Language / 16 June 2009
  2. Homology structure of Word / Floer Homology Language / Tokyo June 16, 2009
  3. Amplitude of meaning minimum / Complex Manifold Deformation Theory / 17 December 2008
  4. Time of Word / Complex Manifold Deformation Theory / 23 December 2008

Pioneer of language study at Gist of Sekinan Study
I owe my study to many pioneers of language and mathematics for their many research results.
At the next I show some essays in which important tips have been presented to my study.
Tokyo, 7 April 2015, Sekinan Study

Pioneer

  • Boutbaki, Nicolas
The Time of Language, Ode to The Early Bourbaki To Grothendieck
Bourbaki' ELEMENTS DE MATHEMATIUE Troisieme edition, 1964

  • Karlgren, Bernhard
ONO Shinobu and Bernhard Karlgren
  • Karcevskij, Sergej
Meaning Minimum On Roman Jakobson, Sergej Karcevskij and CHINO Eiichi
Half Farewell to the Linguistic Circle of Prague and Sergej Karcevskij
Sergej Karcevskij, Soul of Language
Gift from Sergej Karcevskij
Follower of Sergej Karcevskij
For KARCEVSKIJ Sergej

  • Jakobson, Roman
Meaning Minimum On Roman Jakobson, Sergej Karcevskij and CHINO Eiichi
  • Sapir, Edward 
Edward Sapir, Language, 1921
Substantiality

  • Saussure, Ferdinand de
Uniformity For SAUSSURE Ferdinand
  • WANG Guowei
The Time of WANG Guowei
40 years passed from I read WANG Guowei

  • von Neumann
The days of von Neumann Algebra
The days between von Neumann Algebra and Complex Manifold Deformation Theory

  • Wittgenstein, Ludwig
The Time of Wittgenstein
For WITTGENSTEIN Ludwig Revised with Symplectic Language Theory and Floer Homology Language


Language and Pioneers
 - Sapir, Jakobson, Karcevskij, Wittgenstein, Grothendieck, Karlgren, Ono and Chino

  1. Edward Sapir, Language, 1921
  2. Meaning Minimum
  3. ONO Shinobu and Bernhard Karlgren
  4. Prague in 1920s
  5. Non-symmetry, 1920s' Prague and Sergej Karcevskij's "Du dualisme asymetrique du signe linguistique"
  6. The Time of language - Ode to The Early Bourbaki and Grothendieck
  7. The Time of WITTGENSTEIN 
  8. Citation from Ludwig Wittgenstein

A Very Happy New Year 2015 and Many Thanks for reading SIL's essays and papers.

I was born in 1947 and become 68 years old this summer.
My unripeness to language study has come to the declining years.
Return to physics or mathematics is almost alike to back to youth age, when almost every day solving rudimentary problems for entire interest to unknown world.

In my mind there still are some hard themes to challenge, one of which is energy in language. The theme is originated from Edward Sapir, who presented the concept "drift" in Language, 1921. 
It was the macro and intuitive concept that was supposed by his precise thinking and vast field work of America native's language. I think that I would develop the theme from the physics-mathematics field.


In the garden
Peony begins to come out in the cold winter.

If there be change in language, from which to which language changes in its true nature?
At where is there the change's power or energy?

Refer to the next.

0. General survey
  1. 5W1H in 2014 / 31 December 2014
1. Substantiality and time
  1. Substantiality, Dedicated to SAPIR Edward / 27 February 2005 
  2. Macro time and Micro Time / 24 July 2013
2.Flow and energy 
  1. Flow of Language / Heritage of WANG Guowei and Edward Sapir / 26 September 2014
  2. The days when I was thinking on Energy Distance Theory / 19 December 2014
3. Stochastic theory, distance, functional, potential with energy
  1. Energy of Language / Stochastic Meaning Theory 4 / 24 July 2008
  2. Energy and Distance / Energy Distance Theory / 31 August 2008
  3. Energy and Functional / Energy Distance Theory /18 October 2008 
  4. Potential of Language / Floer Homology Language / 2009


Bourbaki's ELEMENTS DE MATHEMATIUE
THEORIE DES ENSEMBLES
Fascicule de resiltats
Troisieme edition, 1964 

                                             
                                    
Bourbaki's ELEMENTS DE MATHEMATIUE, THEORIE DES ENSEMBLES is the datum of my mathematical thinking in youth time in the late 1960s to the early 1970s. So I was also one of the product of Bourbaki's age. I have confirmed that the basis of mathematics is in the freedom as the saying of Cantor. This book reflects the great flow from Cantor.
Also refer to the next.

  1. The Time of Language, Ode to the Early Bourbaki to Grothendieck
  2. Sixties - For Susan Sontag
  3. Under the Dim Light

No comments:

Post a Comment