Tuesday 2 May 2023

Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE 2018

 

Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE 2018

06/08/2018 23:42

Dear Y,

 

Thank you for your email despite your busy schedule.

 

I am also studying little by little for the fall.

As with anything, the more you do it, the more things you don't understand.

 

Since it is related to my main topic, in relation to time,

I'm reading a 1991 academic lecture by Dr. Hawking, who passed away this spring, on the Temporal Order Preservation Hypothesis .

Full text in English is available from NTT Publishing.

The original title is THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE.

The word chronology, which I have hitherto understood to mean something like chronology,

The historical order of time is certainly not reversed, so the term is appropriate.

I simply translated time order as Time Order, but this allows any order.

If you look at the Shorter Oxford, the word first appears in 1593, it says The science of computing time or periods of time, with Latin and its Greek roots. When Greek is written in the alphabet, it becomes kronos-+logia, and I felt the historical depth of English again from the etymology of the vocabulary.

 

Hawking is trying to demonstrate from a physics point of view that time cannot be reversed and time machines cannot. Since he is not a mathematical method, he is titled Hypothesis, but I think it is physically advanced content.

 

I've been thinking about Imaginary Time for a while, and I've written a small paper based on his dissertation, so I've always been curious about his views.

My paper is below.

 

In the fall, I would like to make a little more progress on the main subject, Quantum Group Language, which has been continuing since 2003 .

Preparatory work now.

 

It's still fun to be able to describe conceptual things clearly in mathematics, if you can do it well.

Approaches to these languages ​​are rare, pioneering and attractive.

 

Hope you are well.

 

Cordially,

4 August 2018

SRFL

T.A.



Read more: https://srfl-lab.webnode.page/news/letter-to-y-of-s-w-hawkings-the-chronology-protection-conjecture-20181/

No comments:

Post a Comment