Thursday 13 January 2022

Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE 2018. Translated by Google.

 


 Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE 2018




Dear Y,

 

Thank you for your email while you are busy.

 

I am studying little by little for autumn.

As with anything, the more you do, the more things you don't understand.

 

It's also related to my main subject, so in relation to time,

I am now reading 1991 academic lecture on the Time Order Protection Hypothesis by Dr. Hawking, who died this spring .

The full text is also available in English at NTT Publishing.

The original title is THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE.

I used to understand the word Chronology in the sense of chronology,

The historical order of time certainly does not reverse, so this word is appropriate.

I simply translated the time order as Time Order, but this would allow any order.

If you look at Shorter Oxford, the word first appeared in 1593, and it says The science of computing time or periods of time, which includes Latin and its original Greek. When Greek is written in alphabet, it becomes kronos- + logia, and I felt the historical depth of English from the etymology of the vocabulary.

 

Dr. Hawking is trying to demonstrate from a physics point of view that time does not reverse and that time machines cannot. It's not a mathematical method, so it's titled as a hypothesis, but I think it's physically advanced.

 

I've been thinking about Imaginary Time for a while, and I've written a small Paper from his dissertation, so I've always been curious about his views.

My Paper is:

 

In the fall, I would like to take the main subject, Quantum Group Language, which is a linguistic theory based on quantum groups of mathematics, which has continued since 2003, a little further .

Now it's preparatory work.

 

It's still fun to be able to clearly describe ideas in mathematics, hopefully.

There aren't many approaches to these languages, and it's pioneer-like and attractive.

 

Then how are you?

 

Cordially,

4 August 2018

SRFL

T.A.



Read more: https://srfl-lab.webnode.com/news/letter-to-y-of-s-w-hawkings-the-chronology-protection-conjecture-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment