Tuesday 8 March 2022

Letter to Sebastian 7 June 2021an PS 14 June 2021

 

Letter to Sebastian


Dear Sebastian,

Thanks a lot for your likes to my blogging.

I think that my papers and essays are of very narrow fields and themes, so I feel pleasant for your likes many times.

From last year Autumn to April this year, I kept on writing Essay on a researcher of French literature who died at 37 in 1976. I learnt French from him at university.

The days are 1970s and we were all young and eager to study towards future.

But everybody was in the confusion at those days after disturbance at universities.

I am also in the same situation.

I hoped to study linguistics but never found its way adequate to me . I only learnt several languages, Chinese, Korean, Russian, French and so forth.

At last my object and its way to learn were found in the end of the 20th century.

It was really a long and winding road as the Beatles sang at those days.

All were dear for me, all were thankful to the pioneers of language and mathematics.

Yours sincerely,

T.A.
nsila2


Tokyo
7 June 2021


PS

One of pioneers of language is CHINO Eiichi 1932-2002, who studied Czech language at Czech and became authority on Old Slavic language. I learnt Russian language and the Linguistic Circle of Prague from him.

I ever wrote several essays on his memory.


Dedicated to CHINO Eiichi

Aim/Aim again
Aim 2
CHINO Eiichi and Golden Prague
Coffee shop named California
Fortuitous Meeting What CHINO Eiichi Taught Me in the Class of Linguistics
The Days of Distance  From Distance to Pseudo-Kobayashi Distance
Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague
Linguistic Circle of Prague
Mirror Theory
My heimat of Learning, the Linguistic Circle of Prague
Prague in 1920s
Prague, Karcevskij and CHINO Reference added
Under the Dim Light


Tokyo
14 June 2021
ensila2

No comments:

Post a Comment