Saturday 15 November 2014

The Complete Works of TANIYAMA Yutaka / 11 November 2012


The Complete Works of TANIYAMA Yutaka

TANAKA Akio        
            
The Complete Works of TANIYAMA Yutaka, Revised Edition, 1994 always shows me the youth of the post-war mathematics in Japan. At the same time It gave me the feeling of strong longing.
When A. Wiles and R. Taylor finally solved the Fermat’s Last Theorem in 1994, TANIYAMA-SHIMURA Conjecture became famous overnight in Japan too. After the situation was settled a matter, I saw the feature articles on TANIYAMA in the journal, Mathematics Seminar, Tokyo,Japan at the bookstore nearby of my home.
My first impression after reading was a longing desire to his high achievement to mathematics. At those days I was at the midst of age 40s and did not accomplish anything on my field of language. Of course I did not desire any fame or special situation. I only hope from the bottom of my heart to propose the results that let assent to myself.
Nearly 20 years passed away since those days. Now there is no enviable thing to TANIYAMA or his colleagues. Because I also discovered my precious aim and approach on my theme. It is absolutely certain that I would not propose any confirming results to my field. I only obtained the aim that many surpassed people ever had or now having. Regretfully I have not any genius to learning. but it is never unhappy for me. 
My true tiny happiness is what  I am still learning on my theme every day till now . Language is forever. This remark is the one which my life time teacher CHINO Eiichi probably loved.
Tokyo
11 November 2012

15 November 2014 Revised 

SIL

No comments:

Post a Comment