Tuesday 26 February 2019

What is signal? References 26 February 2019 Edition

What is signal? References 26 February 2019 Edition

26/02/2019 18:54

 

 

What is signal? 
The existence that generates language
 
TANAKA Akio

ENSILA

Tokyo

9 February 2019 -  26 February 2019
 
 

 

 
Original Title
 
 
 
What is signal? A mathematical model of nerve
0
 
 
Preparation 1-15
 
 
For father and mother 
 
 
 
.......................................................................................
 
 
 
 

......................................................................................
 
 
 

 

References
 
 
Reference is cited from the papers written at SekinanLibrary and SRFL
by TANAKA Akio at Tokyo from 2003.
 
 
 
 
...............................................................................................................
 
 

Contents
 
 
 
0
 

4

 

     
                         

     

     
     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     
     

    Elected Texts
     
    0
    Under the Dim Light

    TANAKA Akio

    I frequently talked with CHINO Eiichi at the coffee shop near the station we used to get on. The shop was at the second floor and the steps upstairs always sounded squeaking. Under the dim light the topics of conversation was on language or linguistics after all. He was already the university professor but I was a poor research student. But he was always showed me the general tenderness.
    The subject he gave me were impressive and useful for me, in which the most important is the history of The Linguistic Circle of Prague and the excellent pioneers of language study. He had of course the unique approach to the study but I had never any conspicuous one except boundless interest on the study.
    In his wide and precious telling for me I gradually determined my course to proceed. It was the making of basic and radical foundation on natural language by searching the structure of language through simple and clear description. For keeping this difficult aim I had a decision that there was only way to use mathematics that I had abandoned at the past for its hardness.
    In my age 20s, I had read Ludwig Wittgenstein and Nicolas Bourbaki in concentrating. I did not clearly understand  Wittgenstein’s approach. But I borrowed his writing style that was simple and clear. So my early work’s descriptions were nearly at him. But I decided that I never adopted strongly-intuitive thinking.
    I always considered mathematical basis or analogy. My aim was the independence from the intuitive description. Keeping on this course, there was seen the mathematical basis that I must adopt the model in which language universals are clearly described. I entered to the mathematical description of study that was confirmed premises of my way.
     
    About
    Table
    1. Under the Dim Light
    2. Sergej Karcevskij, Soul of Language
    3. Follower of Sergej Karcevskij
    4. For KARCEVSKIJ Sergej
    5. Linguistic Circle of Prague
    6. Half Farewell to LCP with References
    7. Prague in 1920s
    8. 40 years passed from I read WANG Guowei
    9. The Complete Works of WANG Guowei
    10. For WITTGENSTEIN Ludwig Revised
    11. The Days of von Neumann Algebra
    12. The Days between von Neumann Algebra and Complex Manifold Deformation Theory
     

    ..................................................................................................................................................
     
    1-1
    Language and I

    TANAKA Akio

    Sekinan Library has researched on language from 1986 and successively at SRFL from 2003.
    Papers and essays that have been  written at Sekinan Library and SRFL Sekinan Research Field of Language 
    are shown and searched at SRFL Essay and SRFL Paper.
    Sekinan Library's main theme is now at language universals that has been a hard target and researched since 1920s at Linguistic Circle of Prague, but the theme had been always put aside from the centre of the study.
    In Japan. on Prague School CHINO Eiichi probably first introduced systematically through his direct study experience at Prague between 1958 and 1964.

    I first met with him in 1969 at Tokyo, from whom received Russian language lesson at the beginner's small class.
    And after some 10 years I again met him in 1979 at his lecture on structural linguistics, to which I listen till till March 1986 when I get apart from the university.

    In 1986 I also started to study my own object on language, in  which the main theme  was language universals by mathematical description, surging from Nicolas Bourbaki, that were already applied to wide and deep approach even at human studies at that time.

    For me algebraic geometry was the great aid to deepen the theme, to which from 1920s many researchers have recognised one of the most important but hard to operate with clear description at the field of philology.

    In 2003 I narrowly wrote up the trial paper on language's characters, at that time not for total language, but I got the steady way to approach the hard target of language's basis mainly on meaning, through which I faintly could see the final target, language universals.


    Tokyo
    26 June 2017

    Sekinan Library


    ........................................................................................................................................

    ​2-1
    Egyptian Hieroglyph Exhibition
    Journey through the Afterlife Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead by The British Museum 2012


    TANAKA Akio
                   
                             
     
    The British Museum has exhibited The ancient Egypt at Tokyo, titled Journey through the Afterlife Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead.
    The exhibition is excellent, especially total length 37 meters' Greenfield Papyrus is the highlight of the exhibit.
     
     
    I feel over again that the letters on the papyrus is almost everlasting and my usual thought that the letters are superior than the spoken language which is thought important by Ferdinand Saussure.
    Of course I have respected Saussure so much and have read COURS DE LINGUISTIQUE GENERALE time to time.
    But the Occidental linguistics has not enough tradition on the ideogram as usual at Chinese characters.
     
     
    Japan has also succeeded the Chinese tradition and culture. So we have much felt the importance on characters and letters.
    Each ideogram has its unique molding technique and coinage ability.
    I have very satisfied with hieroglyph's figures comparison to Chinese characters.
     
    Also refer to the next.
     
    1. On Time Property Inherent in Characters / 2003
    2. Prague Theory / 2004
     
     
                                                                      Tokyo
                                                12 September 2012
                                   Sekinan Research Field of Language



    ...................................................................................................................................
     
     
    2-2
    Essence of Language
    Seeing the exhibition TREASURES OF ANCIENT GREECE, Tokyo National Museum

    TANAKA Akio

    20 July 2016 I went to see the exhibition A JOURNEY TO THE IMMORTALS: TREASURES OF ANCIENT GREECE being opened at Tokyo National Museum, Ueno,Tokyo.

    At the exhibition I first saw  Linear A and Linear B.
    Exhibition Catalogue numbers are the next.
    The numbers 39 and 40 are Linear A. 41 and 77 are Linear B. 

    39. Clay juglet
    40. Clay bar
    41. Clay tablet
    77. Linear B bar and tablet

     About the two Linear I knew the brief information from the book, THE DECIPHERMENT OF LINEAR B by John Chadwick, Cambridge University Press, 1960.
    From the exhibition I also knew still now not to decipher the Linear A.
    My simple impression  is the next.
    If the stability of language exist in the structure, the essence of language is appeared at the letters and characters. So I think. The core of this view contains the view for structure of language, which I would be able to write clearly using mathematics.
    For more details, refer to the reference 2.

    References
    A JOURNEY TO THE IMMORTALS: TREASURES OF ANCIENT GREECE  [Exhibition Catalogue]. Tokyo National Museum et al. 2016.
    THE DECIPHERMENT OF LINEAR B by John Chadwick, Cambridge University Press, 1960.

    Reference 2
    Perspective for Derived Category Language.Stability of Language

    Reference 3
    Derived Category Language, 23 July 2016 Edition


    Tokyo
    27 July 2016
    SekinanLibrary

    Read more: https://srfl-paper.webnode.com/news/the-essence-of-language/
     
    ...........................................................................................................................................
     
     
    2-3
    Ars longa Seeing Masterpieces of French Landscape Paintings from the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow
    TANAKA Akio

    On 25 May 2018 I went to Tokyo Metropolitan Museum, Ueno, Tokyo to see the exhibition titled French Landscape Paintings from the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow.

    I have frequently see the modern French paintings represented by the Post-impressionists at National Western Art Museum,Ueno. But the impression after seeing was pretty different.
    The paintings are ranged widely from the 17th to 20th century.  
    I felt that the The Russian eyes were effected to collect the paintings. For example, Arcadia and the relevant concepts of it were not so popular in Japan but at Russian collectors payed enough attention to them like the Europeans.

    One of the most fantastic works for me was Luigi Loir's Smoke on the Paris Circuit Line ( Paris Suburb).  Floating smoke, Cloudy sky, Two horses and people chatting or coming and going.  
    At the  moment to see the painting I recalled the famous quotation, Vita brevis, ars longa.
    The painting was drew in 1885, over 130 years ago. But all the landscapes were vivid like the present and probably in future.

    Tokyo
    27 May 2018
    Sekinan Zoho      
     
     
    The catalogue of the exhibition
    French Landscape Paintings from the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow
     
    [Note]
    6 June 2018
    Time and Eternity
     
    When I saw Luigi Loir's Smoke on the Paris Circuit Line ( Paris Suburb), I felt a fresh awareness of time, which was probably came from the vivid smoke floating in the air or the road partly glistered by the rain immediately before. This landscape was filled with time feeling which was coming on and stopped and was going to the future till now. All paintings may contain such a feeling on time. Now I faced a large canvas of Luir, I freshly got the greatness of painting which has a moment and eternity from the 2 dimensional space.
    Does this greatness is only in my mind and not out in the outer world? Do I only feel the eternity in my mind? Almost maybe so, but partly maybe not. Time is real and time feeling floating in the panting is also real. Where is the difference between the two ? Time is direct and time in the painting is in direct, which floats via my eyes and mind. The painting gives me the start of time floating.  In that case, what is the painting's giving moment? The moment is made from form and colour on the canvas. Thus direct time has no tool for going on and indirect time has tools, now canvas, paints and brushes. Direct time and indirect time both enters in my body especially in my mind. The two times both floats in my body. I cannot analyse direct time. But indirect time can be analysed using several methods, form analysis, colour analysis and so forth. Language's letter, character and voice also maybe contain moments for making indirect time. Luigi Loir's Smoke on the Paris Circuit Line ( Paris Suburb) gave reconfirmation of a fresh awareness of indirect time's existence.   

    [Note 2]
    6 June 2018
    Research of indirect time
    TANAKA Akio

    For the research of indirect time now the several tools are prepared for at mine.
    Mains are the next.
    Overview of the importance and application in the new future is given at the letter to Y., 2018.
    This letter is written in Japanese, now not has English version.



    For details of research two sites are presented now at SRFL site.
    One is from geometrization conjecture started from W.P. Thurston and succeeded by G. Perelman.
    The other is from quantum group started from V. G. Drinfel'd.

     
    The two sites are connected through ideogram.
     
    Sekinan Zoho has the invitation to it.
    SRFL collection has general relevant information for the present research.
     

    ............................................................................................................................................
     
     
    3-2
    Thanks to physics through which I ever dreamt in my future

    TANAKA Akio

    In the days of high school, I deeply dreamt that someday physics would perfectly write over this world's phenomena by the clearest descriptions. So I had longed for studying physics in the future. But I selected language's diverse and wide field at the university, from where returning to the clear description like mathematics needed long and winding road for me. 

    Now in my mind language and physics/mathematics are happily living together for constructing the world's main frame. I wonder why I took so much time to reach here. 

    Long time ago, at least the days I strongly influences by Pascal , philosophy and mathematics were both sides of areas for solving the world's hard problems. It is appropriate that the problems should be solved using all the tools from all the areas, should not be partitioned any artificial walls. 

    From now on, philosophy so far may be partially solved by mathematics and mathematics might open to the door of complex phenomena in the world never being written clearly. Now they are surely solved one by one by the researchers and we feel the solutions like those are becoming common sense now. 

    Probably only I reached here being delayed. But at last I am now situated in a tranquil field. Thanks so many pioneers who had cultivated difficult problem to the easier states for applying to the different fields. Especially to mathematicians. Also to physicians through whose worlds I ever dreamt in my future.

    References:
    1. Substantiality Dedicated to SAPIR Edward / 27 February 2005
    2. To my dear friend, KANEKO Yutaka / 22 May 2013
    3. Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague / 23 October 2013 
    4. Language, Amalgamation of Mathematics and Physics / 15 April 2014
    5. Perhaps Return to Physics /16 August 2014
    6. Winding road to physics / 10 April 2015
     
     
    .......................................................................................................................
     
     
    3-3
    Glitter of youth through philosophy and mathematics in 1970s
     
     
    In 1970s at Tokyo or in age 20s, there surely exists glitter of youth in my life, now I remember.
     
    In those days, in Japan many fabulous magazines were successively published. Episteme,Toshi(City)、Chugoku(China) and the likes. Especially I loved reading Episteme which had printed many philosophical or philological articles as the form of special issues concentrated important philosopher, thinker and writer. The chief editor of Episteme was NAKANO Mikitaka(1943-2007), probably one of the best editors in the latter half of the 20th century in Japan.  The most impressive number was Ludwig Wittgenstein1889-1951), probably in 1977. Also influenced from the issue of Kurt Gödel(1906-1978)who gave me the possibility of set theory and its application.

    In my life, Wittgenstein gave the big influence for thinking and writing style, never entering or approaching his essential philosophical themes.After millennium year when I started the regular writing on language universals, my writing style was at first rather resembling in his Tractatus Logico-PhilosophicusMy paper written in 2003, Quantum Theory for Language shows a very imitative style to him. This tendency kept on for some time till I changed to adopt algebraic method for  clearer description to the themes.

    1970s was a relatively calm time after those university’s revolution in the late 1960s in which I was also compellingly rolled in. In those days I time to time had wandered between library and old book shops seraching my life-time true themes cowardly avoiding the turmoils of university and towns. Blaise Pascal(1623-1662)’s Pansees was my favourite one. One day at Kanda’s Taiwan Chinese book shop Haifeng Shudian, I bought WANG Guowei1877-1927)’s Guantangjilin that clearly opened the new frontier for classical Chinese philology along  mainly streamed by Small Study, traditional restrict linguistics in China. Influenced WANG Guowei I trlally wrote a paper titled On Time Property Inherent in Characters2003 by which I began the later start of language study.

    In 1970s, I had cherished a dream in which I wanted to use mathematical description and get the essential of language. But I had not any ability to proceed the study for it while I read at random mathematical books. One day I found and bought the amount Nicolas Bourbaki1935-)’s text books at old book shop in Kanda, Tokyo. They were hard to continue reading for my talent in those days. After all, the books were put aside the desk. The only remaining in my mind was adoration to Bourbaki and their brilliant achievement. My return to Bourbaki was long after in 1990s when I again tried the pursuit of language having a clear vision to study language universals according to the Linguistic Circle of Prague, especially aiming to resolve the supposition presented by Sergej Karcevskij1884-1955).

    Turning round the past days, my way was always narrow and winding. But it has been kept till now not breaking off in any situations. The way was almost always glittering in my youth days in spite of under the cloudy skies. Probably I have walked happily till now being assisted by many people especially at the field of language, mathematics and the relevant studies.
    At random now I remember the dear names, but from whom I  never cannot hear their voices. HASEGAWA Hiroshi, CHEN Donghai both Chinese language, KAJIMURA Hideki, CHO Shokichi both Korean languageNatary Muravijowa Russian language, ONO Shinobu Chinese literature, MIIYAZAKI Kenzo, FURUTA Hiromu, KONDO Tadayoshi all three Japanese literature, ANDO Tsuguo French poemSAEKI Shoichi Haiku, IKEDA Hiroshi Japanese classical dramaSAITO Kohei sculpture, YAMAGISHI Tokuhei bibliography, NISHI Junzo Chinese philosophy, KAWASAKI Tsuneyuki Buddhism, CHINO Eiichi Russian language, the Linguistic Circle of Prague. At last dear friend of high school days KANEKO Yutaka mathematics and our youth.
     
    Tokyo
    6 March 2015
    24 March 2018 Text revised and link added
     
     
    ........................................................................................................................
     
    4-1
    Ideogram Paper Enlarged Edition
    2. Ideogram 2005

    .............................................................................................................

    4-2
     
     
    .............................................................................................................
     
     
     
    4-3
    The Days and The Time
    1. The Time of Language
    2. The Time of WANG Guowei 
    3. The Time of Wittgenstein 
    4. The Time of Quantum
    5. The Days of Distance
    6. The days when I was thinking on Energy Distance Theory
    7. The Days of Decipherment
    8. The days of von Neumann Algebra
    9. The days between von Neumann Algebra and Complex Manifold Deformation Theory
    10. The days when I was thinking on Energy Distance Theory
    11. Language between Sergej Karcevskij and string theory, one century's trace
     
    Tokyo
    13 August 2018 Arranged
    SRFL Lab
     
     
     
    ...........................................................................................................



    4-4
    Prague
    1. CHINO Eiichi and Golden Prague
    2. Coffee shop named California
    3. Fortuitous Meeting
    4. Half farewell to Sergej Karcevskij and the Linguistic Circle of Prague
    5. I need not more wander the bookshop streets
    6. Linguistic Circle of Prague
    7. Prague in 1920s
    8. Under the dim light

    Tokyo
    2 August 2016
    30 May 2018 Revised

    Sekinan Zoho
     
     
     
     
    ............................................................................................
     
     
    4-5
    Pioneer
    1. Bourbaki, Nicolas
    1. Karlgren, Bernhard
    1. Karcevskij, Sergej
    1. Jakobson, Roman
    1. Sapir, Edward 
    1. Saussure, Ferdinand de
    1. WANG Guowei
    1. von Neumann
    1. Wittgenstein, Ludwig


    Read more: https://srfl-collection.webnode.com/news/pioneer/


    ...................................................................................................


    4-6
    Linear B
    From seeing the exhibition TREASURES OF ANCIENT GREECE, Tokyo National Museum, Ueno, Tokyo. 2017

    Essence of Language
    The Days of Decipherment

    Reference
    Derived Category Language


    Read more: https://srfl-collection.webnode.com/news/linear-b/



    .....................................................................................................




    Tokyo
    26 February 2019

                   


    Read more: https://srfl-paper.webnode.com/news/what-is-signal-references-26-february-2019-edition/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment