Wednesday 13 March 2019

ENSILA About







........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tachikawa Youth Days
For SAEKI Shizuto  
                       
Tachikawa is the largest city of the west Tokyo area now . I spent high school days at this city. But the scenery at the surrounding of station has changed so big and speedy. My old days' image cannot be seen anywhere  around here. At that time I used the south gate, that was rather lonesome and only a few people walked even at the main street after evening.

Now the pedestrian decks have spread in all directions. Near the station vast number bicycles are parked for business persons and students. Surely half a century passed by. It is very natural to be changed in all phases. Old person must see the vigorous long view calmly standing at the deck. The monorail train are passing over the city streets carrying many people that gather and leave the city.

After graduated university I came back to Tachikawa for working job. My dear old coffee shop "Road" is vanished perfectly, where I often talked on our present and future with my best friend and colleague SAEKI Shizuto till closed time when Auld Lang Syne was playing.

Tokyo
11 October 2012
Sekinan Research Field of Language
vide: Henry the Fourth, For SAEKI Shizuto and Shakespeare
8 March 2015 Revised
Sekinan Library
....................................................................................................................................................................
Fortuitous Meeting
What CHINO Eiichi Taught Me in the Class of Linguistics 


TANAKA Akio 

CHINO taught me the core of linguistics in the class of structural linguistics.
The most remarkable was what he explained the paper of KARCEVSKIJ to me.
The title is “Du dualisme asymétrique du signe linguistique”. CHINO's saying has become a miraculous pole-star of my life.

Now I summarize the essence of the paper by the writing of CHINO’s most major book, Gengogaku eno hirakareta tobiraJanua linguarum reserata in Latin. Language has the dualism.
One is firm structure. The other is flexible variability.

This is a very revelation in the roaming of study.
At first I selected the firmness of language for my research target.
It overlapped with the research of Chinese characters.
Thought of KARCEVSKIJ fructified the quantum of language.
The theory I reached is Quantum Theory for Language.
The starting point of the theory was given from CHINO.
I deeply appreciate him for teaching me almost all the things on language. 

CHINO Eiichi died March 19, 2002.
At age 70.

Tokyo 
December 5, 2004
July 16, 2014 Added
June 9, 2015 Revised

Sekinan Research Field of Language 
...............................................................................................................................................................

Essay on WANG Guowei
I have occasionally written on WANG Guowei who has given me the origin of language study.I first met his writing in the early 1970s when I just became the high school's teacher at age the early 20s. His main writings were contained at the selected works of WANG Guowei which was titled Guantang jilin. I bought it the bookshop Haifeng 海風 at Kanda Tokyo, which had mainly handled Taiwan's classical literary books. Later there I also bought the Complete Works of WANG Guowei. Entering 1980s newly edited his complete Works has be newly published from the People's Republic of China. But I only bought one of them, Letter which has been one of the most favourite books on language study till now.
For more details, refer to the next.
Tokyo
14 December 2017
1 February 2019 Reprinted

No comments:

Post a Comment