Sunday 29 September 2019

My Heimat of Learning, the Linguistic Circle of Prague

My Heimat of Learning, the Linguistic Circle of Prague   

TANAKA Akio                                          

My heimat of learning is the Linguistic Circle of Prague on which I was taught from my teacher CHINO Eiichi.
Sadly he died almost suddenly by disease in 2002 at age 70.

After a decade, I am now already 65 and near his later year days. When we met and told at the university or station-front old coffee shop, he had been a researcher and I had been a student all the time, and maybe sometimes been a younger friend.

If we meet again,  we will be the researcher-student relation same as old days but or this time only become friends that are absorbed in language problems under the dim light of a narrow coffee-shop.

3 October 2012

Refer to the next.

Coffee shop named California
Linguistic Circle of Prague
Prague in 1920s
Under the Dim Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment