Sunday 5 August 2018

Fortuitous Meeting What CHINO Eiichi Taught Me in the Class of Linguistics 2004-2014

Fortuitous Meeting
What CHINO Eiichi Taught Me in the Class of Linguistics 


TANAKA Akio 

CHINO taught me the core of linguistics in the class of structural linguistics.
The most remarkable thing is what he explained the paper of KARCEVSKIJ to us.
The title is “Du dualisme asymétrique du signe linguistique”. It became a miracle of my life.
 I summarize the essence of the paper from one of CHINO’s most major book,Gengogaku eno hirakareta tobira, Janua linguarum reserata in Latin. Language has the dualism.
One is firm structure. The other is flexible variability.
This is a very revelation in the roaming of study.
At first I selected the firmness of language for my research target.
It overlapped with the research of Chinese characters.
Thought of KARCEVSKIJ fructified the quantum of language.
The theory I reached is Quantum Theory for Language.
The starting point of the theory was given from CHINO.
I deeply appreciate him for teaching me almost all the things on language. 
CHINO Eiich died March 19, 2002.
At age 70.

Tokyo 
December 5, 2004
July 16, 2014 Added
Sekinan Research Field of Language 

No comments:

Post a Comment